Twins Day 3

Sharing is caring!

This day was mostly a day of waiting waiting waiting.  I wish I could say I was the perfect little patient, but I was sure IMPATIENT by the afternoon.  We were told a doctor would come see us around 9:00-10:00 to see about doing the cerclage. Throughout that morning I was still having small contractions off and on but my temperature was much better.  I was in a big hurry to get the cerclage put in because I thought it would bring some peace of mind.  A doctor FINALLY  came in around 2:00.  He said that with the contractions and fever and how far dilated I am they are afraid that the cerclage will put me into labor and they were too afraid to do it.  I was surprisingly relieved at not having to do the cerclage, I was having a lot of anxiety about the epidural and procedure in general.  The problem is, now all there is to do is wait.  The doctors aren’t very optimistic, but as things are now things are stable.

The new plan was to move me to a new floor that is more quiet and comfortable and we are really not doing anything.  We are planning Thanksgiving and Christmas and hoping we can somehow stay until then.  Everyday that passes feels like a success, but is also filled with the anxiety of not knowing if or when something could happen.

My emotions are kind of all over the place, I go from being worried to hopeful to happy to sad, but overall I feel a peace.  I know that the next weeks will be incredibly difficult, but I feel like through the prayers and thoughts of so many.  Thanks to all who have prayed, reached out, brought treats/care packages.  It is wonderful to hear from many loved ones that we haven’t heard from  in a long time.

Similar Posts

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *